Monday, January 12, 2009

Sweet Bun Triplet

Bread and buns.... seems that a daunting task for me to make it...
SO far, I only manage to have a soft bun when they are out from the oven and "rocky" when its cold *siiighhhh....*

Thanks God I've found two books that change my bread-buns-gloomy-days... I'll upload the pics of those books soon.. I promise!! HOpe it could help you too, just in case, you have the same problem with me :D

I've tried several breads recipes and one of those is posted here. The recipe is from my first saviour book *GRIN* called "Sukses wirausaha: Roti Favorit by Budi Sutomo" page 70.

The buns turned out so great.... soft just the way they should like... Even, me-myself, couldn't believe that I could make such a bakery-type buns like these one either!! It's like a miracle has just arrived to my little kitchen.... Okay, I think I'm a lil bit exaggerating here :D



These buns originally called : Cup Roti isi Selai Stroberi
(I halved the recipe that makes around 32 paper-cups)

Ingredients:
1800 g bread flour
200 g all purpose flour
10 g bread improver
30 g milk powder
40 g instant yeast
300 g eggs (For halved recipe I used 3 yolks and 2 egg-whites)
25 g salt
800 ml very cold water
150 g margarine
320 g butter

Filling:
500 g strawberry jam ( I used strawberry jam, blueberry jam, peanut butter, grated cheddar cheese and chocolate hageslag)

Coating:
60 ml plain milk
1 T sugar
1 T margarin

Sprinkles:
50 g almond slices
50 g raisins

Directions:
  1. Combine all dry ingredients, eggs, and salt in mixer bowl with bread-hook. Mix at slow speed for 2 mins. Add cold water, margarine, and butter. Continue mixing at medium speed for 12 mins or until the dough is elastic and loose freely from the mixing bowl.
  2. Form into ball shaped, rest fro 25 mins. Punch the dough, cut and weigh around 25 gr each. Shaped again adn let rest for 15 mins.
  3. Roll out the ball dough, fill with the filling, shaped round again. Put 3 of ball-sized dough into a greased cup. Continue for the rest of the dough.
  4. Rest again for 45 mins for fermentation. Brush the buns with the coating mixture. Sprinkle with nuts or raisins. Bake for 12 - 15 mins at 190C.
  5. It's TIME to Eat Tazzz..... SLurrrrppphh...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for "icip - icip" ya...