I can tell you, the recipes collection are really mouth-watering. It also shows step by step pictures that really a big help especially when I tried out the Cheese Stick pastry... yup, I did it gals...Successfully!!
Back to Hopyes pudding, Hopyes is a combo flavour of caramel and coffee like old fashioned candy which calls Hopyes too ;p.
- 125 g sugar (I)
- 50 ml water
- 1.5 T instant coffee granules (Nescafe, Caswell, Indocafe, etc)
- 350 ml fresh milk
- 75 g sugar (II)
- 1 sachet (7 gr) agar- agar powder
- 1 yolk, lightly beaten
- 125 ml egg whites
- 2 T rum
- 500 ml fresh milk
- 150 g sugar
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 T rum
- Wet 1500 ml-capacity pudding tin with drink water, Set aside
- Pudding: Make caramel from sugar (I) . add water and mix thoroughly then add coffee granules. Mix well. Remove from stove.
- Combine milk, sugar (II), and agar - agar powder, bring to boil. Pour about 150 ml into beaten yolks, quickly mix so it won't clogged. Pour it back to hot milk. Mix well and add caramel-coffee liquid.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually pour in the hot pudding mixture and keep on whisking. Continue whisking until a little bit warm. Add rum.
- Pour into the wet tin. Set aside and cool.
- Sauce: Mix all sauce ingredients. Cook on medium heat, whisk until boil and thicken. Keep on whisking until sauce is luke-warm. Add rum. Cool