Sunday, July 26, 2009
3rd attempt of 3D Thomas The Tank Engine Cake ;D
Ordered by Ci Linda for her son, Damian, for his 3rd birthday....
The cakes were Heavenly Choco Cake filled with chocolate cream.
I was quite satisfied with the Thomas face result... You could learn to make the Thomas face DIY from this very useful site... www.thomasthetankenginecake.blogspot.com. Thanks for sharing dear :)...
From the rear side.....
Thursday, July 23, 2009
I got the recipe from blog walking to Mba Rina Rinso's blog... Here I copied down...
400 cc egg whites
200 gr sugar (I used only 150 gram)
1 t cake emulsifier
200 gr good quality margarine, melted
175 gr cake flour
25 gr maizena
1 T choco paste/strawberry paste/pandan paste (I use 1 T mocca paste + 1 t choco paste)
1. Whip egg whites and emulsifier with high speed until foamy.
2. Add sugar gradually while still beating. Continue beating until thick and creamy.
3. Add sifted flour. Fold in carefully.
4. Pour in melted margarine. Combine with spatula.
5. Halved the mixture into 2 portion, add paste to 1 portion of mixture.
6. Using 4T-capacity spoon, pour white mixture into the middle of 22cm diametre cake tin that well greased and heavily floured. Add the chocolate mixture directly into the middle of the white mixture then continue with the white mixture... Do it alternately until all the mixture is done.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 180C.