Monday, January 12, 2009

Edisi Indonesia 3: Ketan Duren

Lately, I regularly made Indonesian cooking style because my hunny who now legally turn into my hubby since December 13, 2008 :DD loves Indonesian foods especially Indonesian snacks/desserts.
Recipe for steamed glutinous rice will be uploaded later after I try it by myself. The glutinous rice you see on these pictures were made by my home-assistant and they hardly remember the exact measures :p
For the Kinca Duren (Durian Sauce), here is my version:

  • 100 gr caster sugar (reduced to 50 gr if the durian flesh is sweet)
  • 50 gr rock palm sugar, grated.
  • 150 gr durian flesh
  • 200 ml coconut cream
  • 100 ml water
  • 1 sprig of pandan leaf, knotted
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:

  • Combine durian flesh and half of coconut cream in a blender. Blend until smooth and juicy like.
  • In medium pan, combine sugar, palm sugar, water, pandan leaf, and salt. bring to simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
  • Add the rest of coconut cream.
  • Add durian flesh. Cook until thick.
  • Serve with the steamed glutinous rice


This dessert is very rich. Enjoy it after a light meal and with a cup of tea or coffee..

Pssst... my hubby requested me to make this again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for "icip - icip" ya...