My favourite sweet snack when I was a lil' kid. It's so simple to make yet need a HUGE really it's needed a HUGE patience....
You will need:
125 gr egg whites
250 gr caster sugar
pinch of cream of tar tar
flavouring (I used strawberry paste)
- Put all ingredients in a large heat-proof mixing bowl. Put in double-boiler.
- Mix in high speed until thick and fluffy peak (about 7 to 10 minutes) or it has reached a piping-able consistency.
- Pipe it into baking tray lined with silpat paper or double wax paper*.
- Bake in 50C for 45-60 minutes.
* This could be subtitute with laminated paper or well known as kertas nasi bungkus in Indonesia...