I am sooooooooo addicted to make something using egg-whites since I always have plenty of it in my frigde from left over cake-order-making. My cakes are dominately using yolks for having a moist texture and preservatise-free.
All in all, I got this recipe from Sedap magazine, January ed. This cake taste good in spite just using egg whites... Pumpkin enrich it by giving a vaguely natural sweet taste and moisten the cake...
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
150 g cake flour
100 g pumpkin, cooked and finely mashed.
75 g vegetable oil
75 g thick coconut milk
300 g egg whites
1/4 t salt
1/2 t cream of tartar (subtitute with 1/2 lemon juice)
150 g sugar
few drops of yellow food colour (u could omit this)
On the way to "yummy-yummy":
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Combine mashed pumpkin, vegetable oil, and coconut milk in large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add flour gradually. Mix thoroughly until form a smooth paste.
- Beat egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar until frothy. Add sugar gradually and continue mixing until it reach soft peak.
- Add 1/3 part of egg whites to pumpkin paste. Fold in gently. Pour the rest of egg mixture. Combine well.
- Pour into 20cm Angel-Food tin.
- Bake for 50 mins.
- Invert the cake tin as soon as possible. Let it cool for 15 mins or 20 mins.
- Loose the tin and serve..
- YUMMy YUMMY...