Kaastengels itself is one of traditional cookie of Netherlands. I think, Indonesia got so many Dutch influences when it conquered our country for more than 3 centuries. No wonder, isn't it? hehehehe
Make about 850g
550 gram low protein flour, sifted
350 gram margarine
½ tsp salt
300 gram cheddar cheese, shredded
25 gram edam cheese, shredded
25 gram cheddar cheese (extra for sprinkle)
1 tbsp milk
- Beat margarine and salt until smooth. Add yolks. Beat in low speed until combine.
- Add cheese except extra cheese, mixed together until well combined.
- Add flour gradually. Beat in high speed for +/- 30 second then continue mixing with wood spatula until well combined.
- Roll over about 0.5 cm thick. Cut into 1x3 cm2 size. Put it in the baking pan. Grease with spread mixture. Sprinkle with shredded extra cheese.
- Bake for +/- 20 minutes in 150 C temperature.