Monday, July 23, 2007

Matcha Roll Cake


Got this recipe from Bogasari 2007 Calendar that I was eventually given by a mutual friend of mine in one of Bali Baking and Cooking Store… I knew that I have to try this Green Tea Roll Cake for the first time I saw it….I love Matcha!!…well, who doesn’t??
Original recipe is using 100 g caster sugar but I thought it’s going a lil’ bit too sweet and “kills” the matcha flavour. So, I reduce it to 75 g only.

The result was great, more over, this is my first Roll Cake ever in my baking history ;D…
The sweetness was perfect and let the matcha flavour came out perfectly like I want.

Serve it with a cup of green tea to make a double sensation of MATCHA!!

Ingredients:
75 g all purpose flour
1 tsp good-quality matcha powder
75 g caster sugar
3 eggs
50 ml fresh milk

Filling:
Butter cream (recipe will be up load later)
50 g cheddar cheese, shredded or any of your favourite jam

Directions:
Grease and line 22x22cm tin. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Shift the flour and matcha powder.
Whisk eggs and sugar with electric whisk in mixing bowl till fluffy and pale. (+/- 5 minutes)
Add the dry ingredients. Fold in and do not beat it too much and too strong that the air would loosely out. (I used very low speed whisker)
Stir in milk.
Pour in to the tin. Bake for 25 minutes till it’s springy to touch.

Remove cake from the oven. Turn the cake out to sugared parchment paper then roll it up. Let it cool down for 5 to 10 minutes.
Ice and fill the cake with your own favourite filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for "icip - icip" ya...