Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Carrot Angel-Food Cupcakes

I found this recipe on one of my friends website, Mbak Irma-Germany. Been made this recipe several times and so far I have managed a little revision on ingredients and the directions. On my 1st attempt, I followed the directions precisely like it's said but the result was so poor hehehe :p. Then I revised it like on my way, the result therefore was good and so it does till now ;p. Anyway, if u wish to see the original version and want to try the original recipe from A to Z just give my friend a visit then ;)

Ingredients:
350ml egg whites (about 12 egg whites)
200g caster sugar (I reduced to 150g)
1tsp Cream of tartar
½ tsp baking powder
100ml half and half or evaporated milk or just milk
½ tsp table salt
½ tsp yellow food colouring (just omit this one)
100g all-purpose flour
20g corn flour
30g milk powder
100g carrot, finely shredded
50g cheddar cheese, shredded (add some more like me, 75g)

Topping:
1tsp cinnamon powder, mix with
1 tbsp icing sugar

Directions:

Sift the dry ingredients altogether in a large mixing bowl. Pour in milk, shredded carrot and cheese. Mix using wooden spoon until smooth.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
In other mixing bowl, beat egg whites till foamy, add cream of tartar. Beat again till combine. Stir in sugar and salt gradually. Beat until egg whites mixture gets into peak forms.
Gently fold in egg whites mixture on carrot mixture so the air won’t loose too much. Fold until well combined.

Pour into prepared cupcakes paper. Bake for 20 minutes or golden brown.
Cooled in racks before sift the topping onto.

Makes 24 cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for "icip - icip" ya...