May 31....My office's family day... We were going to Waterbom!! I've promised my co-workers that I would bring something for them on Family day and I decided to make cupcakes. The original recipe is Lapis Pandan Putih Telur from Mbak Monica which I revised at some parts (the revision are on bold and italic text). I also add banana to enrich the taste and it worked so well.
350 cc egg whites
10 gr cake emulsifier (Me: ¼ teaspoon)
200 gr caster sugar (Me: 160 gr only)
125 gr cake flour (Me: 80 gr cake flour, 40 gr dutch-process chocolate powder)
25 gr cornstarch
100 gr butter, melted
100 gr very ripe banana (about 1 large Cavendish banana), mashed
100 g dark cooking chocolate, chooped
150 g whipping cream
2 tablespoons rum
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Shift dry ingredients. Set aside
2. Beat egg whites using electric mixer until foamy, add cake emulsifier. Mix well. Add sugar gradually. Continue mixing until stiff.
3. Add dry ingredients. Mix with the lowest speed setting.
4. Add melted butter, fold in using spatula.
5. Pour into cupcake paper. Bake for 20 mins if you are baking on small moulds like I do.
6. Cool and granish with ganache.
· Melt dark chocolate. Set aside
· Whip whipping cream untill double size.
· Pour in melted chocolate. Beat until combine.
· Add rum. Beat again until mix thoroughfully.
· Ready to be use.
My co-workers and their kids loved it!! 30 cupcakes were gone in seconds...
*Big SMILE from the happy baker*
We were happy and jolly on that day....